Vietnam (November 2017)
Applications for this delegation will open mid-2017.
The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) is a forum for twenty-one Pacific Rim nations, aiming to promote free trade throughout the Asia-Pacific Region.
The APEC Summit is increasingly significant, as member nations have recommitted to greater trade liberalisation in the region. The summit covers a wide range of issues including innovation, trade, sustainability and disaster resilience. The opportunity also includes attendance at the APEC CEO Summit with regular keynote presentations from Google CEO Eric Schmidt and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
Delegates will have the opportunity to hear from the Presidents, Prime Ministers and Economic Ministers of APEC member countries including Australia, the United States, China, Indonesia and Russia. This delegation offers a unique opportunity for delegates who are interested in Australian regional trade relations and security.
Highlight meetings from our 2011 delegation (Hawaii):
· Kim Beazley Australian Ambassador to the United States.
· Wayne Swan, Australian Treasurer.
· Kevin Rudd, Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs.
· Sam Walsh, Executive Director and CEO of Rio Tinto Group
· Professor Peter Drysdale, Intellectual Architect of APEC, Emeritus Professor at the Crawford School of Public Policy at ANU.
· APEC Branch of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and AusTrade,