The University of Newcastle
2018 World Bank Group and IMF Annual Meetings
Bali, Indonesia | 8 - 12 October 2018
2018 UN Climate Talks (COP24)
Katowice, Poland | 10 - 14 December 2018
The University of Newcastle is supporting scholarships to attend the 2018 World Bank Group and IMF Annual Meetings and the 2018 UN Climate Talks. The program includes private meetings with policy experts, civil society, department secretaries, ministers and journalists.
- Canberra pre-departure briefings;
- Participation in the Global Voices Research Fellowship; and
- Attendance at the UN Climate Talks or World Bank and IMF Annual Meetings.
The scholarship place is fully funded and includes all domestic and international flights, accommodation, breakfasts, visas, insurance, and registration fees.
The Global Voices Scholarship is open to students from the University of Newcastle. Candidates must be:
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- Aged 18 to 30;
- Available to travel to Canberra, Indonesia or Poland for the specified dates; and
- Able to commit 5 hours a week to the program.
Applications Close Monday 13 August
Application Review Period Tuesday 14 – Sunday 19 August
Applicants Informed of Outcome Late August
Canberra Pre-Departure Briefings Tuesday 11 - Thursday 13 September
* You must be available for a phone interview 15 - 18 August.
Before applying please download the relevant instruction pack.
The World Bank Group and IMF Annual Meetings are the pre-eminent conferences for those with an interest in economics and trade, international relations and business.
The UN Climate Talks is a unique opportunity for students interested in and passionate about making meaningful change in global climate policy. Suitable for students from a broad range of disciplinary backgrounds.