2018 UN Climate Talks (COP24)
Katowice, Poland | 10 - 14 December 2018
RMIT is supporting a scholarship to attend the UN Climate Talks. In addition to travelling to Poland, the program includes private meetings with policy experts, relevant civil-society organisations, department secretaries, ministers and journalists.
- Pre-departure briefings;
- Participation in the Global Voices Research Fellowship; and
- Attendance at the UN Climate Talks.
The scholarship place is fully funded and includes all domestic and international flights, accommodation, breakfasts, visas, insurance, and registration fees.
The UN Climate Talks is a unique opportunity for students interested in and passionate about making meaningful change in global climate policy. Suitable for students from a broad range of disciplinary backgrounds.
The Global Voices Scholarship is open to RMIT students. Candidates must also be:
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- Aged 18 to 30;
- Available to travel to Canberra and Poland for the specified dates; and
- Able to commit 5 hours a week to the program.
Applications Close Monday 13 August
Application Review Period Tuesday 14 – Sunday 19 August
Applicants Informed of Outcome Late August
Canberra Pre-Departure Briefings Tuesday 11 - Thursday 13 September