UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW63)
New York, United States | March 2019
RMIT is supporting a scholarship to attend the 2019 Commission on the Status of Women. In addition to travelling to New York, the program includes private meetings with policy experts, relevant civil-society organisations, department secretaries, ministers and journalists.
- Pre-departure briefings;
- Participation in the Global Voices Research Fellowship; and
- Attendance at the UN Commission on the Status of Women.
The Scholarship is ideal for students with an interest in gender equality, women's empowerment and international development. The program has a strong international element so we encourage young Australians with a global perspective to apply.
The scholarship place is fully funded and includes all domestic and international flights, accommodation, breakfasts, visas, insurance, and registration fees.
The Global Voices Scholarship is open to RMIT students. Candidates must also be:
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- Aged 18 to 30;
- Available to travel to Canberra and New York for the specified dates; and
- Able to commit 5 hours a week to the program.
Applications Close Monday 13 August
Application Review Period Tuesday 14 – Sunday 19 August
Applicants Informed of Outcome Late August
Canberra Pre-Departure Briefings Tuesday 11 - Thursday 13 September