8 - 12 October 2018
The World Bank and IMF delegation is run as part of our semester two program. Applications open from May.
The Annual Meetings of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank bring together the most senior leaders of government, including foreign ministers, diplomats, economists and private sector experts. In recent years, the agenda has focused on the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals and the promotion of global monetary cooperation to secure financial stability. In addition to the regular agenda, our relationships with institutions in Washington DC enables Global Voices to coordinate meetings with think-tanks including, the Atlantic Council and the Centre for Strategic and International Studies.
Highlight meetings and seminars from our 2016 delegation (Washington DC):
- Barry Sterland, Australia’s Executive Director to the IMF
- Jason Allford, Australia’s Alternate Executive Director to the World Bank
- Jonathan Silverthorne, Director of the Millennium Leadership Program, Atlantic Council
- CSO Townhall with Dr. Jim Yong Kim, President of the World Bank and Christine Lagarde, Managing Director of the IMF
- Making Trade: An Engine of Growth for All
- The Governance Gap: Why does half the world distrust governments and what can we do about it?
- The Shifting Global Economic and Political Landscape: Fragmentation or Integration?